One strong year inspiring others through a shared journey. WE did it! This incredible journey would not be made WHOLE if it were traveled alone. The LOVE, the support and the encouragement to give, share, repeat has been an integral part of what inspires us to keep building a strong foundation.
Without looking in the dictionary. How do you define STRONG? Is it a feeling? Is it something you touch or hear? Can you see it? Or point to someone, stating she is strong or that he is strong? Is strength manufactured? Are we born with strength? Thinking and slowly the list of what strength could mean grows…
- A strong prayer
- A strong woman
- A strong man
- A strong love
- A strong smile
- A strong laugh
- A strong personality
- A strong leader
Being strong is defined by you. So, I am here to let you know, “YOU are strong, I am strong and together WE are STRONGer!” So let’s keep inspiring others for another 365!! Watch as we piece together a business BUT FIRST, we need a strong foundation. Below are highlights from this past year!
TIMELINE OF EVENTS:
- January 5, 2019: Red Earth Running Company Canyon X Marathon – supporting fellow Navajo runner Harold Benally in his journey to run the Boston Marathon in Navajo Moccasins
- January 9, 2019: Officially started marathon training, 18 week progam
- February 14, 2019: Dizruns – podcast interview, Sasha Yazzie Is a Native On The Run With Big Goals In Her Future
- March 5, 2019: ‘MY WHY’ Celery Juice -1st Blog Post
- March 10, 2019: Ran our longest run of a sweet 16 miles along the Rio Grande, NM
- March 13, 2019: ‘Gym Story 1-TRANSFORMation! Losing 45lbs and gaining confidence”-2nd Blog Post
- March 30, 2019: Jemez Endurance Run
- April 2, 2019: “Training thoughts into actions” -3rd Blog Post
- April 11, 2019: Lauched 1st Bonfire campaign, “Fuel your Spirit, Native on the Run” – https://www.bonfire.com/nativeontherun/
- May 4, 2019: Navajo Yes 36th Annual Shiprock Marathon – 1st full 26.2 miles!
- May 24, 2019: Running Medicine Spring Opening Celebration
- June 3, 2019: “FIRST whole 26.2 miles” – 4th Blog Post
- August 1, 2019: “Muscles loading… please wait” -5th Blog Post
- September 6, 2019: “Fuel your Spirit WARRIOR UP” -6th Blog Post
- September 21, 2019: Flagstaff to Grand Canyon Stagecoach Line 100 mile relay in Flagstaff, AZ
- October 5, 2019: First Flea Market Sale at Gallup Flea Market was a success!
- October 16, 2019: 16th Annual “Fatherhood is Leadership” National Conference with Running Medicine Director, Dr. Anthony Fleg
- November 2, 2019: Navajo Wildland Fire 10k Challenge Run, fund raiser event to giveback to the Wildland Firefighter Foundation and provided 10 Warrior Up t-shirts to the top finishers in efforts to promote awareness.
- November 7, 2019: “Movement with Gratitude” written by Dr. Anthony Fleg, Director of Running Medicine -7th Blog Post
- November 23, 2019: Volunteered to serve the local Tucson community warm meals for Thanksgiving.
- November 25, 2019: Summit Gymnastics 1st Annual “Don’t Fall” Ninja Challenge in Flagstaff, AZ
- December 6, 2019: Due date for the Ninja Warrior application Season 12!
Flea Market Sales
Travels with Running Medicine
Thank you for taking the time to read our blog and highlights from a beautiful STRONG year! We look forward to sharing more exciting adventures! For now, enjoy and see you at our next post!
Ahe’hee (Thank you) – Sasha and Jennifer